Aug 11, 2009

I'm done! Sort of...

Ok, I stocked up on some thread and sure enough I was able to finish the Simplicity top. Very exciting! I held it up to see how I did and I liked how it turned out (my lines are starting to match up better)...but something didn't seem right. So I went ahead and pressed it to make sure what I was feeling was true...yep, it's not wide enough (for me). I went ahead and ordered more fabric so that I can add a border. And of course I haven't been able to do any work on the dinosaur quilt because it is supposed to be a surprise. I guess I could stay up til midnight and work on it here and there but I'm not the spring chicken I used to be - know what I mean? So, I start going through my 'to do' list and I figure I will try to get a snowman/Christmas wall hanging done while I'm waiting for the fabric to arrive. It was a gift from a very sweet friend of mine, Louise. I think it would be nice to have it done before the next time we have lunch, next month. Ok, I'm going to zip my lips for now...hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get some more thread right away. I love snowmen so I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of your new project!

    ReplyDelete