Sep 26, 2009

Two gifts...

So first thing this morning, over coffee, my DH says he's going to take our little guy out to the woods to take a look.  Between being sick, hot weather, rain and everything else that has happened - today was a perfect day to go exploring.  All we were waiting for was our little guy to wake up and I was anxious (know what I mean? hehehe!).  Eventually they were out the door around 9:15am.  I whipped out the Dinosaur Uproar quilt - my secret mission quilt, and started to go to work.  I had about 4 hours for myself and I would have gotten more done but I had 'Beaches' (a good chick flick) on and got side tracked here & there.  But over all I was happy with what I had completed.  I consider getting time for myself a gift and am always thankful.  Maybe tonight, when their in bed, I'll be able to work on it some more.  If I do, I will remember to take some pictures.

So, I thought one gift was nice but when they got home, I got a second gift...flowers.


 I just love it when my little man does sweet things like this.  I can't stop smiling!  I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh that is sooo sweet.Those flowers are so special. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - yes, mum time is good, but flowers are even better! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...that is so sweet! I love it when my little fellow does stuff like that for me.

    How are things at the homefront? Everyone better? We are....for now!

    Ok when can you show the dinosaur quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Awwww - remember those days when my girls were little and would bring me a present (flowers, weeds, rocks, etc.) that they would find outside and how delighted they would be when I would put them in a vase or out on the table.

    ReplyDelete