Oct 13, 2009

Pecan Pie by Robert N.

Joan, who is hosting our CGQC this month, is collecting holiday recipes for our club.  So I was going through my recipes and I came across one that was given to me by my brother-in-law, Robert.  I've made it several times over the years during the holidays and it's always turned out pretty good.  So here it goes...you will need

3 eggs (beat them in a separate bowl)
1 1/2 Cup of Light Syrup
1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Table spoon of flour
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
2 Table spoons of butter (melted)
1 1/2 Cups of chopped pecans

Mix all of the ingredients together expect the pecans.  Once everything is mixed well, add the pecans.  Then pour into an unbaked pie crust.  Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.  Now before you put the pie in the oven, you might want to put a ring of foil around the edge of the crust, it keeps the crust from turning dark brown. 

When Robert gave me this recipe, he told me the secret was in the baking - 1 hour at 325 degrees.  He must be right because the pies have always turned out yummy.  And if Teresa & Kelly are reading this - you will want to make this pie...and anyone else who likes pecan pie.  On top of tasting pretty good it's soooooo EASY!  If you happen to make this, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!! Pecan pie is my F A V O U R I T E. I can't wait to try this. Thank you soooo much for this recipe.♥♥♥
    Yummmy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I'm a pie dropout. I don't like pecan either, lol - I'll give this one to my mother!

    ReplyDelete