Oct 28, 2009

Labels - Less is more...

When it comes to labels (and pretty much everything else - especially make-up) I believe in the 'LESS IS MORE' motto. Even if I had pretty hand writing, a printer or an embroidery machine, I still wouldn't want that kind of label. I guess it all depends on the style of the quilt maker - right? Well, instead of doing a detailed label, I ordered these custom made tags from Lola.  I sewed this tag on the mini quilt.  And when I was quilting it, I quilted the date 'OCT 2009' into the quilt.  I just love the simplicity of it and how it turned out - I just forgot to take a picture of it.  Anyhoo - but don't get me wrong, I do enjoy looking at labels.  I especially like the one Esther did for her mini quilt.  If your into labels, you really should go check hers out - very snazzy!  And if anyone has suggestions on simple labeling techniques - I would love to hear about it.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I do nothing more than write my name and the date onto the back of the quilt with pigma pen - I LOVE your labels though, no messing up! If it's for a gift, sometimes I write first with disappearing marker, then trace over it with pigma pen when I have it how I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Michelle, I like simple too. If you try to put everything on it the label sometimes turns out a little large. I was so excited to mail my mini-quilt, I forgot to put the label on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks! I'm new to quilting, and will be quilting my first soon, and did not like the elaborate labels. This is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete