Jan 1, 2011

My first project for 2011...

I joined Quilt Dad & ORB's Wonky Log Cabin QAL...way back & I never finished.  As I look back as to why I didn't finish - that awful feeling of disappointment just resurfaced.  See, I picked this color - teal -  to use as the sashing & border for the quilt and it was pretty on the screen but when my order came in, seeing the true color just turned me off from the project completely.  And as I look back, I can't figure out why I just didn't use white?  Well, I'm crossing it off my list now.  I'm using M.E.'s Recipe for Friendship and I just love the colors.  I love the wonky look.  I can't wait to get this top done.

ps...this will be my only goal for the CGQC for Jan/Feb.

13 comments:

  1. I also love ME fabrics, so I can't wait to see this one all done up Michelle :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what great fabrics - I love the bright colors. So happy! Isn't it a great feeling to come back and finish a project? Very satisfying. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those fabrics - glad you got back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I never buy fabric online. I have to see it in person. Glad you were able to get this one finsihed though. It's lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a good one when it's all put together. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blocks, I love ME fabric. Good to have something checked off and it's only the 2nd day of January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is going to be adorable! ME makes just the most feel good fabric designs- which is a good thing. Now put all that guilt away, and have some fun. Can't wait to see this one when it is finished (and there is NO pressure there!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cheerful. Love how the red really brings a snappy aspect to all these beautiful fabrics. Going to be a super cuddly quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Michelle! I just love the ME fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are on a great "tract" and I can't wait to see it when you get it all finished--it will be beautiful--just wait and see!!
    Hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is very festive. Sometimes fabric colors even look different in stores and at home because of lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, LOVE the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete