Jan 5, 2014

Good Night Irene Sew-Along

The fun has started!  Terry of Terry's Treasures is hosting a sew-along and we are going to be making a quilt called Good Night Irene.  It should measure about 48x48 plus an outer border.  My background fabric came in the other day but I'm going to have to hold off on starting because I am in the middle of finishing up a quilt.  So I decided to use Spring House by Stephanie Ryan.  I picked this line because of the pinks, blues, greens & yellows.  After thinking about the background fabric, I knew I didn't want to use white.  I decided on yellow.  I feel like it will work but I'll know as soon as I start putting it together.  We only have to make 5 blocks this month and it's going to be fun to see the different fabric choices.  If you feel like you want to join in, just click here for more information.  Hope everyone has a good week...stay safe and warm!

9 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to see how your fabrics works out! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring House is a beautiful collection. I think I might do mine with a batik jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to be beautiful in those colors! And I can't wait to see your blocks with the yellow background! I never think to use a color for the background of my quilts. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful jellyroll. I love those colors and I think the yellow will make it pop. It's going to look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors sound great - I'll look forward to seeing how it turns out. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fabric collection. You will really enjoy making this quilt. I am hooked on it and can't wait for the months to fly by so I can finish it. Maybe I'll make two! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jelly roll looks lovely. Since yellow is one of my favorite colors, I am looking forward to seeing this bright and happy quilt in the making ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exciting. Your chose of fabric sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are going to be so pretty with that roll!

    ReplyDelete