Jan 19, 2014

1st 5 blocks done.

I've been sick the last 5-7 days.  Today is the first day I feel normal.  Thank goodness because the AFC & NFC Championship football games are today.  Since I'm here - GO BRONCOS!  GO SEAHAWKS!  While I was sick I was not able to do any sewing.  So I had to put Amber's quilt on hold.  But last night, even though I was still a little out of it, I went ahead and whipped up my 5 blocks.  I think I'm going to like the yellow.  I hope everyone is enjoying this sew-along.  I love the nice, slow pace!  If you'd like to check it out, just click on the Goodnight Irene picture on the right side.  Have a great week!

EDIT AFTER POSTING...maybe I should have waited to feel better before sewing?  Instead of an 'X' block, I sewed 'O' blocks...lol!  I'll fix them later.

14 comments:

  1. Your blocks look wonderful! I love the yellow background! I'm glad you're feeling better! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the yellow accent! Xs and Os, they will look great either way :-) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the yellow blocks too , hope you are feeling better .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that yellow! O blocks will look good too. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what you mean about the yellow background fabric. It is such a perfect match to your prints. X's, O's... They are interchangeable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow even if it is an O!
    I love how bright this is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be gorgeous - I love the colors! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really gorgeous - that yellow fabric really sets off the other fabrics you've chosen to use. Wow... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those O blocks are interesting. I like them as much as the X. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good. You could have a mix of O's and X's in your quilt. More fun. Hope you're feeling much better soon, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a time full of white snow and cold days.Your yellow and green colours make me so hopefull and happy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you were ill. Tis the season for the flu here too. Wow on your blocks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to be here . . . I'm your newest follower # 195.
    I love the colors that you are using, and very sorry to hear that you need to tear out your stitches and start again. I always get a little bit bummed-out when I have to take something apart. I'm also sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and hope that you feel better real soon. When you do and you feel like visiting, I would love to invite you to my blog.
    Get well.
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete