Sep 23, 2011

The colors in this quilt makes my heart smile.  It's a happy quilt.  I was inspired to make this one by 2 quilts I recently made (Thanks Barbie & Erin!).  I used the bright colors from the Remix line by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman.  Then I added more bold colors from the Kona Solids...YUM!  I think I need to get some more of the Remix & Kona...LOL!

Is it just me or does anyone else think of Kona COFFEE when they see the words Kona Solids?  Anyhoo, I digress...

The second one was for a sweet gal that wanted a quilt made for an anniversary present for her husband...I know...too cute!  I loved how she wanted me to use a special pair of plaid shorts & shirt in this quilt.  I would have loved to have gone on 'The Price is Right' show!!! lol!

I've been busy sewing!  And that's a good thing, but that also means I've been in 'lurker' mode.  I haven't been able to leave comments like I used too but I've been watching you...I know that sounded a little creepy but ya know what I mean...hehe!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Cute quilts! You and I can be blog lurkers together! I don't seem to have much time lately for leaving comments either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle they're lovely - good for you!!! I'm in lurker mode myself lately, just not enough time in the day. Almost makes me look forward to winter, when I get to stay home more, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Love them both, but the bright/colorful/FUN quilt is my favorite! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty quilts Michelle! I love the top one with all of the bright colors! So glad to hear that you're enjoying lots of stitching!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colors! They always get me...I also love the shorts in the mans quilt...what a great idea and I am sure he will love it...as long as they are not underpants! haha melinda

    (stupid blogger wont let me comment under my name...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright, happy fabrics. I'm like Melinda (comment above). I can't leave comments either unless I pull the little menu below down and type in my name and my whole blog address...and sometimes that doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete